White tulip for my students...




Since my last post I've been a little busy and also traveling to Italy and the United States where I joined my daughter for her bachelor degree ceremony, which of course was an exiting experience for a mother like me!
From Italy I brought a few pictures I thought could be good for studies during watercolor classes. They are from the beautiful gardens of "Villa Taranto" in Verbania at Lago Maggiore. An incredible place to be, at just the right time of the year.
This watercolor painting was my first demo using my pictures from Italy as support and just an example how to render a flower. This kind of exercise is useful to understand how to render flowers volumes, so that it gets easier when it's time to paint a real flower...

Comments

  1. Helen this is a lovely flower - such beautiful compliment with the butter color and purples. Your art is truly gorgeous. Hope you are having a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment